How to Snooze Email in Thunderbird
Yes, it’s possible to snooze email in Thunderbird! I’ve included instructions on how to do this as part of this guide to the best gmail alternative. I’ll dedicate this article however, just to the topic of snoozing emails in case that’s all you need.
Here’s the Thunderbird add on that will do the trick: https://mailmindr.net/en/index.html
- Download the latest version of the add on directly from the link above to your desktop.
- Go to the add-on manager in Thunderbird and, under the gear icon at the top, choose “Install Add-on from File”
- Once Mailmindr is installed, restart Thunderbird.
- Go back to the add ons manager, and select “Options” for Mailmindr.
- Click on the “Inbox Zero” tab.
- For all your connected email accounts, select the folder “Later”
- Press “Ok” and then restart Thunderbird one more time.
You’re all set. There is now an “Add Reminder” button above the reading pane for emails. All you have to do is press that button, select a time frame and hit “ok.” The email will be moved to the “Later” folder and then reappear at the desired time.
And, you can totally customize the snooze options. For example, you can create a list of options like:
- In an hour
- Later today
- This evening
- Tomorrow morning
- Later this week
You can even set a default value for quick snoozing. To set up your own snooze options go to add ons in Thunderbird and then open the “Options” for Mailmindr. Set your own snooze options under the “Timespans” tab.
Leave A Comment